From:
Kevin Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 12:26:05 -0700
Jim Meagher wrote:

> >Recently IOMega lost a class action suit by users of ZIP drives.
> >
> >The click of death has been around since the very beginning days
> >of the zip drive.  To my knowledge, IOMega never acknowledged the
> >problem and provided NO support for the products.  This lack of
> >support by IOMega forced users to sue the company.
> >
> >That kind of behavior figures prominently in my buying decisions.

From May 98 PC World:

"The company will replace defective Zip drives under the one-year
limited warranty, or disks under the limited lifetime
warranty...Iomega's Web site
(www.iomega.com/support/techs/zip/2135.html) offers practical guidelines
for diagnosing COD problems...Call Iomega tech support at 888-446-6342,
or fill out the return merchandise authorization request form at
www.iomega.com/support/techs/zip/101.html."

Kevin Weaver