From:
Michael Slater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 10:45:16 -0500
%%File: VIRS0486.TXT%%Name/Aliases: Int_10%%Platform: PC/MS-DOS
%%Type: Boot sector.%%Disk Location: Floppy disk boot sector.
Hard disk partition table.%%Features: %%Damage: %%Size: %%See Also: monkey
%%Notes: v6-143:
discovered in Canada late 1993.  payload is a graphic snowfall on the screen
at midnight or 6 hours following boot in December, could cause disk
corruption.
"This  virus goes resident in 1k at the TOM and  actually  removes  itself
from the fixed disk during boot replacing the original MBR into sector one
avoid  detection.  While  it eventually hooks  interrupt   13h,  this  is
not
during  the  BIOS  load,   being  accomplished through DOS instead.
Once fully resident, "stealth" is used to hide the return of  the virus to
the
MBR.While  two variants have been found so far, both may be  detected  via
the
following string in the MBR (if booted from  floppy),  a  floppy DBR, or in
the last 1k area at the TOM if resident in RAM;
          88 85 93 02 41 41 D3 E0 80 7D 0B 00 75
At the moment this virus which has been tentatively named  INT_10 has been
observed at a single location only.

"Use KILLMONK to remove the Money virus, works great.

you can find it at http://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/virus.html  The file name is
killmnk3.zip