From:
"John G. Cakars" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 22:39:05 -0700
Packard Bell POS P75, Maxtor 84000A6 HD

Maxtor says that my drive is Smart ready.  But it is not Smart enabled.
I need to buy the software to change my BIOS to make my drive Smart.

Does anyone on this list have any experience with Smart Drives?  Maxtor
says it going to be the "talk" of the future and eventually all drives
will be Smart enabled.

  Is spending the money to enable my drive worth the expense?  Would a
really have an added benefit?

Thank you for any responses.