From:
Dan Chapman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 1998 15:32:54 -0400
If these "inexpensive" Ethernet cards have coaxial connectors, you don't
need a hub. All you need is some coax cable (with ends, which you can put on
yourself) and a terminator for each end. You should be able to pick these up
at a computer supply store or Radio Shack-type place.

If you only have twisted pair, you still don't need a hub for 2 stations.
You can buy a special "flipped" cable that will work just fine for two
stations. For more than two, you will need a hub. Data Comm Warehouse has
12' Cat
5 crossover cables for $12.95 according to their catalog. Try
http://www.warehouse.com or call 800-328-2261.

With Win95, I would recommend using the MS Client and IPX protocol. Win95
includes all the networking software you need.

Hope this helps. E-mail me for more specific instructions or whatever.

Dan Chapman
Network Analyst, MS Certified Systems Engineer
http://www.rpguniverse.com