From:
Jerry Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 17:27:53 -0400
Dale,
Another point- I assume that you are trying to connect to a US Robotics x2 type
modem at your ISP.  Some ISPs use some 56k modems and some slower models.  If
all of the 56k modems are in use when you try to connect, you get a slower
modem.  Ask them if all of their modems are USR x2-56K modems.  And of course
you know that Flex-56k modems are not compatible.  If they have a mix of modems,
try connecting at an off hour, like 2-3am.  If you connect at 56K, then it may
be a good reason to change ISP.

Jerry Rasmussen