From:
Tim Lider <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Apr 1998 10:41:15 -0700
Hello Mark,

At 08:40 PM 4/8/98 , you wrote:

>          I have a machine which is a bit older and I am trying to
>get it to recognize a 2.5GB HD. I thought that I could just partition
>the drive using fdisk by telling it to use a % of the drive and
>divide it into 5 sections. It does not seem to be working out that
>way, fdisk also will only see the drive as 515mb. What do I need to
>do to partition it so that the whole HD can be seen? Thanks very much
>for any information.

  You are going to need a program that will overlay the hard drive to LBA
settings.  This will work even if your computer does not support LBA.

  These programs come in many flavors.  Although I only recommend EZ Drive
from Microhouse.  Programs like DrivePro and Disk Manager do the job, but
EZ Drive is much easier to repair.  This is from a person who works
retrieving data all day.

  If you need a copy of EZ Drive, go to the manufacturer of the hard
drive's Web Site and down load their Drive Overlay program, or if they do
not have EZ Drive, go to Microhouse's Web Site at www.microhouse.com

Regards,

Tim Lider
Advanced Data Solutions              ICQ: 7562541
Web Site: http://www.adv-data.com E-Mail: Mailto:[log in to unmask]