From:
Jaime Aguirre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 14:11:39 -0400
First thanks to all those who replied along witho Desmond Reid: Larry
Koester, Will Stephenson and Jim Meager

>I just upgrade and/or built a new sytem in the past months and that is the
>same prol;em tha I had.
>But I do know one thing.  you need to have more information in your
>autoexec.bat file and the config.sys.  First you need to tell us what speed
>hard dive you have and also who the manufacturer of the drive is and them
>find the driver for that drive.  You need to put the mscdex.exe file on the
>boot disk.
>
>sample config.sys            device=a:\ccd.sys /d:cdrom /p:260 /t:2
>sample autoexec.bat        a:\mscdex.exe /d:cdrom
>
>I hope this helps some
>
>Desmond
>> I am still  trying to install Win95B from cd to:
>> Acer AP5T TX mobo
>> 32 mgs SDRAM
>> Intel Pentium 100 cpu

 When i boot from floppy A:, i get:
verifying dmi pool data
Starting windows 95
UsDrives ide bus cd-rom device driver version 1.97
Unit 0  base address 170 drive 0  device version=tw240d  1.10
Using 32bits access
Device driver name=cd003
cd-rom driver installed

 A:\>mscdex.exe

What i have in config.sys
 Device=himem.sys
 Device=usdide.sys

What i have in autoexec.bat is:
mscdex.exe.

When i ask for drive d:, i get invalid drive specification

Now, i believe some of that info above is to be put in config.sys and/or
autoexec.bat, but don't know exactly where..

This cd drive is a Usdrive 24x

Thanks again