From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 13:11:17 -0400
Let's assume you have a basic mini-tower, vented on the front,
no obstructions inside.  I place the tower so the motherboard is DOWN
and have never seen any problems.
As for the CDROM, most cdrom's I have installed have trays without
clips to hold the disc, yet the instructions state that the drive can be
oriented vertically if desired.  However, my drives always state explicitly
where the eject button MUST be, up or down.  Check your docs, you may
have to reinstall the cdrom.  Needless to say, it is very annoying
getting the tray to close without dropping the cd, but they work.
I would buy the desktop case as soon as I could.
tom turak

Hello All

My wife is buying me one of those mock antique
computer tables. The only problem is that the table is designed for a
flat/desktop type case. Therefore my questions are:
Is it possible to run my mini tower on the side (so it looks like a desktop
and fits the gap in the table)?
If it is OK will my normal CD & CD writer still work OK?

I look forward to your replies...Mick