Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 18:55:45 -0700
Casey Marion wrote:

> The motherboard is an interseting component these days.  Seems like it
> is just as important as a CPU or RAM.  I bought a TXProII w./ the
> onboard vid and sound.  I'd heard the vid was crap and the sound is only
> 16 bit, but I don't make movies w/ my PC so I didmn't care.
<snip>
> Casey Marion

I, too have a TX-PRo board with on-board video and sound, and it has
been giving fits too.  Unfortunately, it was purchased to be used with a
unique Analog to Digital Data Aquisition card.  A lot of the problem
(blue screen of Death "OE" exception error) disappeared when the "FAX"
card was removed!  Go figure.  It's still not running good (by our
standards) and for some reason, wav/midi music doesn't play anymore!  I
use to think I didn't want to buy a portable with a built-in roller ball
because if the device went south, you had to give up the whole computer
to get it fixed.   Looks like that is going to be the trend with
motherboards now.

Jean Bourvic