Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 1998 12:52:02 +1000
> Nick Robinson wrote:
> >
> > Won't go into the gory details unless necessary.
> >
> > After partitioning and formatting a 6.4 gig drive into 3 ea 2 gig
> > partitions with the first one a Pri Dos, then rejumpering as master and
> > setting active it would not boot (I did do the format /s thing). Gave
> > nonsystem disk error, as if no operating system or not active, both of
> > which were true.
> >
> > So, I cranked up fdisk again (from floppy a:) to do it all over, and after
> > deleting the pri dos and ext partitions, I went back to set primary dos
> > again.  To the option "use all disk" I said N(o) and it then showed 1811
> > Mbytes as total available.  Since it should read 6234 (approx) I now have a
> > drive with no partitions with 4.4 gigs missing to fdisk.

The problem here is as you can see -- to quote :

" and after deleting the pri dos and ext partitions, I went back to set primary
dos again.  To the option "use all disk" I said N(o) and it then showed 1811
Mbytes as total available."  unquote

Since you answered "no" it will not show all the spaces in your hdd. If you go
back to fdisk you will find that only a certain percentage of it you had allowed
to be used. You will have to then go back to create some more partitions..

If you are using OSR2, you do not have to do a partition on your drive. 'Still
have to format it though. If it is a master drive, it will have to be configured
as a boot drive. If not, then to use the whole hd you have to choose to use
extended.

'Hope this helps.

Iz Kuzara