From:
Jen Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 15:27:58 -0800
Hello,

Last night, I successfully completed a full install of a brand new
system. Even though this is my first posting, I found this mailing list
extremely helpful throughout my installation, and I wanted to say Thank
You.

I had everything else installed, except the Jaz drive...it was in my old
computer using SCSI ID 5. In the new machine (same configuration as the
old) it isn't the end device on the cable, that is still my CD-ROM. But
the controller doesn't see the Jaz drive when I boot the machine.
According to the "wonderful" tech support page for Iomega, it says that
if the device isn't recognized at boot up...send the drive back. But the
device was working fine 10 minutes ago in the other computer, so I don't
buy that.

As a side note...Knowing that it wouldn't work, but trying it anyway, I
put the iomega tools disk in the floppy drive, and ran guest.exe. I was
dialed into my ISP at the time, and when the guest window came up, I
lost my connection. I thought it was a fluke, but it seems to be
consistent. Everything time I start the guest.exe, I loose my
connection. That is the one flakey thing that is occurring. After I
cancel my reconnect, the tools setup continues, resulting in the "No
Iomega Drives could be found..." error.

Can anyone help me with this?

Jen Morris

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]