From:
Jeffrey Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 17:39:32 -0600
Mark Rode wrote:

> Is anyone using the dual monitor option with Win 98 and if so maybe you
> could explain a few things. The way I understand it is you use two separate
> video cards plugged into the same PC with two separate monitors. Is this
> correct?........and then you just go into device manager and load a
> separate set of drivers?

The following is taken from the Win98 beta Build 1708 Help file, under
the topic "multiple display support, overview".

-----------

Using multiple monitors

With the multiple display support feature in Windows 98, you can use
additional monitors to expand your desktop area. When you use multiple
monitors, you can move programs from one monitor to another. You can
also specify a different color depth and screen resolution for each
monitor.

To use multiple monitors, you need a PCI or AGP video adapter for each
monitor.

Note
Opening additional programs when you’re using multiple monitors may
place extra demands on your system resources.

Jeff Delzer