From:
Angus Macdonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 12:44:22 +0100
I have recently been given a redundant Sony SDT5200 tape drive.
I believe this is a DDS2 drive, as confirmed by the Sony web site
but it seems to be acting as a non-DDS2 drive. 120m DDS2 tapes
format to 2GB, rather than the 4GB I would expect, as do standard
90m tapes. I am using Adaptec ( OK HP Colorado really ) Backup
v1.60 from EZScsi 4.

My question is really whether or not I should be looking at a
faulty drive or inadequate software. The drive has had little use and
the
media detection switches seem to be OK.

Any help gratefully received.

Regards