From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 10:55:23 -0800
First, if one boots into Win95 from one drive, and then copies a second
installed drive to a third installed drive using the command below, yes,
absolutely everything is copied, including the swap file.

Second, if one is booting into Win95 from one drive and copies everything from
the boot drive to a second installed drive using the switch below, then the
copying does miss a few things.  The only things it misses are the swap file and
a very few files that may be in use at the time the copying takes place, which
are normally replaced the next time Win95 is booted from the c:\windows\sysbckup
folder. For this reason, I highly recommend using the Close Program window
(accessed via CTRL-ALT-DEL) to end all tasks except explorer and systray.

When I have done this (although I have never tried it with Win98), all working
files and the registry were copied. I have had no problems with this.  However,
because I am quite conservative with my clients' computers, I normally do my
xcopying when booting from a third drive, as described in my first paragraph.

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego