From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 19:11:15 -0400
Well, I got the results of my blood work back today.  It's not a
pretty sight.

                Jan. 1997               June, 1997
Weight          252                     217
Total
cholesterol     226                     302
HDL             32                      35
LDL             120                     246
Triglycerides   160                     97

I have been on NeanderThin since mid-May.  Before that, starting
March 13, I was on the Zone diet.  Unfortunately, I don't have
data for when I switched diets.

As you might imagine, as pleased as my doctor is with the weight
loss and triglyceride drop, he is very concerned about the total
cholesterol and LDL levels, which seem to be out of control.  It
appears to me at this time unwise to continue with this diet,
although I am open to suggestions.

You know, I have been so immersed in low-carb thinking that I am
genuinely shocked at these results.  The cholesterol jump has
been so massive that I cannot think what to attribute it to.  The
obvious candidates are saturated fat/arachidonic acid, I guess,
but then it's quite mysterious why others would do so well with
this way of eating.

Since I'm an A blood type, maybe I need to take a look at that
whole business and see if I can make some sense of this.

Todd Moody