Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 14:25:20 -0800
John:
>    Me again.  I totally forgot about fish.  Nuking is the best way to
> cook fish.  Slice some lemons over it, cover and nuke for a few
> minutes.  Not over done, moist and fast.
> Beverle

     Nuking fish IS good but my very favorite is *steaming* Chinese
style.  Can't beat the flavor and texture.

1. Use fish chunks or whole fish.
2. Cut shallow slices into fish and insert garlic slices.
3. Place in top of steamer or on lettuce leaves in top of steamer.
      [I've also used a wok:place wooden chopsticks across bottom of
wok        and a heat-proof dish on chopsticks. Water in wok
underneath               chopsticks] Fish on plate and cover.]
4. Place sliced green onions over fish and any other seasoning
wanted. Cover.
5. When fish is tender/soft/flaking remove and quickly pour sauce over.
6. Sauce: While fish is steaming warm 1/2 c.oil and 1/2 c. soy
sauce       together,add chopped/sliced/mashed garlic..however you like
it.
7. Add fresh sliced green onions to serve.

yoyo