From:
"Beckwith, Gary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 09:47:05 -0500
As a Christian, I question how you can reconcile the evolutionary
premise of the paleolithic diet and be a bible believing Christian too.
If you believe the bible totally and completely, then you believe that
we were only created by God a few thousand years ago.   But the main
line of reasoning for the paleo diet is supposed to be that we have
evolved, over millions of years, to to live the healthiest and most
efficient on certain foods (meat, vegetables, fruits, nut seeds) , and
that other foods that have more recently been introduced (grains, beans,
dairy) are what are causing us serious health problems.  Correct me if
I'm wrong, but isn't a belief in evolution necessary to justify this
diet?  Otherwise, how do you justify it?