From:
Michele Shoemaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 08:06:28 -0500
Hi every one!

I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 36 and work as a
complementary health care consultant. Right now I'm putting together a 8-10
week seminar on stress management. Originaly from Canada, I now live in
south eastern Indiana on the Ohio river. My religious inclination are
similar in essence to the Native American, though I have no Native heritage
that I can trace, my husband is part Cherokee and honors his ancestral
spirituality, I guess you could call us paleopagans. And those small female
figurines found in Europe were not used to wank off(at least that was not
their intent), they were religious icons. Just read Marija Gimbutas's Gods
and Gods of Old Europe as well as Language of the Goddess.

My interest in a paleodiet came about just a short while ago after reading a
book on fitness, the author mentioned changing his diet to a 40-30-30
balance and how that had inproved his body composition. He mentioned
"Paleolithic Prescription" by Eaton, Shostal and Konner as well as "Enter
the Zone" by Sears.I got a hold of those books and read them as well as
information I found on the "Paleolithic Diet Page" here on the internet.
I've been predonminantly vegetarian since I was 16, so the idea of eating
any kind of meat as a major component of my diet was hard to swallow. Pardon
the pun. Being in the field of alternative or complememtary health I've
studied a good amount about nutrition, so I had to admit that the
information presented in those books was hard to refute. Since I have eaten
meat on occasion over the years it wasn't a total shock to be doing so
again. The question now is "What am I going to do with all those beans and
grains in my pantry?"

A question I have is" does anyone out there have seasonal allergies and have
they noticed a difference?

Mine are rather bad, though a few years ago I discovered that if I abstained
from dairy products the symptoms were much less. Since that time I've
experimented woth other foods and found that if I eat only the kinds of food
that our paleolothic ancestors would have consumed--breads,
alcohol,caffeine, fruit juice, refined sugar as well as keeping the amount
of whole grains to a minimum-- I can pretty much get through summer without
having to take any antihistamines--even ragweed season.

Well this is getting long enough, I'm enjoying reading through the archives
right now, so when I'm cought up you'll probably hear from me again.

Michele--though most people call me Willow, which is how I will sign off
from now on.

God's joy moves from unmarked box to unmarked box, from cell to cell. As
rainwater, down into flowerbeds. As roses, up from the ground. Now it looks
like a plate of rice and fish, now a cliff covered in vines, now a horse
being saddled. It hides within these, till one day it cracks them open.

Rumi