PALEODIET Archives

Paleolithic Diet Symposium List

PALEODIET@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert Crayhon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jun 1997 00:03:37 -0400
Dear Dr. Enig and Sally Fallon,

You said in your very interesting response to Dr. Cordain that stearic acid
(18:0) raises cholesterol in some studies--did you mean lower it?  From what
literature I have read, it would seem to lower it, which seemed to fit the
drift of your argument more.

Also, can you comment on the difference between studying saturated fatty
acids in the context of the diet and foods they come in, versus the animal
studies that often examine them in a purified form?  Thank you.

By the way, as a practicing nutritionist, I have files filled with clients
whose blood cholesterol came DOWN on a diet with plenty of eggs, meat, and
other animal products once sugar, margarine, and excessive consumption of
grains, fruits and fruit juices was decreased.  HDL goes up, total
cholesterol goes down, triglycerides plummet.  Most important, the clients
FEEL better.  I have seen this with over 200 hyperlipidemic clients over the
past 12 years.