NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Laurie Carson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 11:16:44 -0600
: Has anyone had a reaction to Power Bar's Harvest Blend friut bars?  I
: called and was told that she thought they were made on a dedicated line
: and that only the chocolate had a teeny bit of dairy and that was in the
: chips.  I then read to her off the &*%$ label that it had non-fat dried
: milk also in the mix.  She replied with shock.  Oh boy.
:
: Of course, I couldn't convince her to let me talk with someone who might
: really know.  Anyone else have more luck?
:

Kathy -

I had good luck using email to contact Power Bar about their harvest bars.
They have the "may contain peanut" warning, without any peanut ingredients.
You might try that, concerning milk ingredients, too.  They responded by saying
the almond butter they get cannot be guarenteed to be peanut-free, and that's
where the peanut warning comes from.

Alyssa is no longer quite so reactive to dairy, so if there is contamination
from dairy, I couldn't tell.  The strawberry & cherry do not list milk ingredients.

Laurie (and Alyssa)