CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fran Gillespie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 20:38:20 -0800

Ann wrote:  my dr told me that stress will raise BG's and cholestrol.

Are you under any new stress?

 (By the way, he also said that cholestrol goes up
when your blood sugars are not under the best control.  My diabetes dr
agreed)

I've been told to take chromium pic. (200mg) with each meal.

  Does it work?

>>>For me, it worked nicely for 3 months, but then I started gradually
experiencing Edema- major swelling of the ankles & feet.  It stops when I
stop taking the chromium p.

  Idon't know, to be honest, because my bg's dropped over 100pts
when I went on the celiac diet which is really not so different from the
low carb diet (when you drop off all the non gf stuff).

<everything I've read has said that spelt is definitely a no-no.

they know spelt is wheat/ gluten.

Fran