AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 16:15:32 -0600
It is required by law...but what does the law require? There are standards
for parking lot stripes (recently revised), but there are not specific
standards for electronic access in libraries.  This makes it hard when
libraries start looking at access.  They don't have standards to go by. It
also makes it hard when I tell a library that they must provide access to
persons with disabilities.  They want published standards.  I can give out
recommendations but not "real" standards.  We at least need to publish
recommended standards.

Stepping down from the soapbox...John