AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Breene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:53:28 -0500
Last week I attended the CSUN conference in Los Angeles.  From my
observations, it was a great success.  I've never seen so many alternatives
for people who are blind or low vision.

One of the exhibits was Visionware Software, Inc., developer of the former
DOS magnifier LP-DOS.  Previously the program had been marketed by Optelec.
The author of LP-WINDOWS, Dan Simkovitz told me that the arrangement with
Optelec had been dissolved and he now has his own company, Visionware
Software, Inc.

I saw a brief demonstration of LP-WINDOWS which now offers magnification
with speech.  It appears to be a simple but comprehensive solution and
worthy of your evaluation and consideration.  You can download a demo from:
http://www.largeprint.com

This is posted for information purposes only.  I have no personal interest
in Visionware Software or their products.

Jim
Jim Breene