AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:57:42 -0600
Paying to be boss
Email 10/31/99
The Conduit

In "welfare as we knew it", for each dollar taken from my paycheck for
welfare, 25 cents went to the welfare client and 75 cents went to the staff
of the welfare department.  Therefore, welfare was setup for the benefit of
the staff.  And, welfare as we will know it (W2) will be the same.

When someone puts 25 cents in a bubble gum machine for "charity".  1 cent
goes to charity and 24 cents go to the owner of the machine.  So, the
machine is setup for the benefit of the machine owner.

African Americans receive all of the flack about affirmative action.  But
by far,  the true beneficiaries of affirmative action are Euro-Americans.
Euro-Americans file claims for sexual harassment, age discrimination, and
disability discrimination.

Groups and projects are organized for the benefit of the organizers.  So,
whenever I go to a group or a project, I look for the organizers and the
leaders.  Then, I know who is truly benefiting.

As Malcolm X said, "We have be hoodwinked (tricked)".