VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Heather Achtziger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:48:17 -0500
Hi -- this is Heather Achtziger again, STILL working on my thesis
(Developing Accessible Computer Instruction for Visually Impaired Computer
Users) and I'm seeking still more opinions!  For those of you who wouldn't
mind taking just a moment, I have a few deliberately vague questions.  Can
you tell me: 1) what kind of computer documentation you like to use best,
like large print tutorials, online help, braille reference manuals,
audiotape tutorials, or something else entirely that might not even have a
name?   2) what kind of computer documentation do you hate or intensely
dislike?  3)  How impaired is your vision, and how long has it been so?

You absolutely don't have to be a computer expert -- I'm looking for
everyones' opinions.  Oh, and I know some of you have already essentially
answered these questions.  If you have, just delete this e-mail, or you can
tell me more if you've thought about it since my last birrage of
questions!!  And, if anyone is interested in what the others reply, let me
know.  I'll post a compilation of answers.  Thanks in advance, everyone!!