Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Rick Poepping <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 22:58:55 -0600
I'm getting ready to do various upgrades to my 586-p133 and I would like
to know the relation of Cache and RAM.  Specifically, how much RAM can
512K cache?  And what benefits and pitfalls are there to going beyond
that amount (of RAM).  I've heard all kind of things -like: Win95 uses
the highest memory addresses first, so if you have more RAM than you can
cache, you'll always be operating out of the cached area (to begin with,
at least)  and so on.  Can anybody help?  Is this exactly the same for
laptops?

Thanks,
Rick Poepping