Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:29:04 -0800
From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
On 24 Feb 98 at 9:38, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>         -Internal modems within sound cards: they can free a slot (but use
> their own resources).

  I've seen too many problem reports, especially on the IBM "MWave",
to recommend such a combination.  Users especially seem to want to
upgrade either modem or sound, but not be forced to replace both at
the same time.

>         -RJ11 plugs (line/phone): may be more probable to have two in the
> external, but one in the internal.

  My experience has been 100% the other way.  Every internal modem
I've used had two RJ-11 connectors, every external only had one.

>    Someone has seen an internal printer?
> Someone can imagine an internal laser printer?

  I think it was either Sony or Sanyo that made a PC clone where the
printer was built into the top of the box, just behind the monitor.
You may still be able to find "word processors" laid out this way.
No laser that I know of ... yet.

David G