Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 11:17:06 -0700
Al,

If we go with the assumption that the motherboard is alright, then
you need to look to the HD ribbon cable and the hard drive.

Is the cable good?

Is the HD configured properly?   Can you go to the CMOS and
does it AUTO recognize the drive?   I have seen this when the
HD is gone bad or it is not configured properly.   The reason
you are getting the controller failure is due to a backfeed from
something connected to the HD pins on the motherboad.

However, you also could be looking at a bad motherboard...  that is
why I would try a known good HD.  Connect it and see if the Bios
will AUTO regocnize it in your CMOS settings.  If this works then
you know that the problem exists from the HD pins connector on
the MB out...  ribbon cable or HD.

   Bob

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]