Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"Paul A. Schmid" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 1998 13:28:35 -0500
>        What do you'll recommend? HD or ram???

Normally Monica, I'd immediately say RAM, you can always go up to 64MB w/o
having to ask questions and see a difference.  However...

>        I have partitioned my 2.1 GB Samsung HD in to 1 each. I have around
130
>MB free on C drive and 300 MB free on D drive.

...with so little free space, you will probably want to invest in another
HD, then set your system to use a *large* permanent pagefile on your fastest
drive (100-200MB or larger depending on what you're doing.)  Of course, if
you happen to hoarding five or six copies of say, Office97 on one or both of
those drives, clean 'em up and get the RAM :)

Good luck,
    Paul

Speaking of outrageous amounts of RAM, has anyone out there ever experienced
the unadulterated joy of creating a 16 million entry hash-table because "you
can"? (and you're quite impatient, like me)  God Bless Inexpensive RAM!
Though it's a good thing I don't work for Microsoft, cuz Win98 would require
a good 256MB just to install :-)