Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 May 1998 06:11:12 -0400
At 01:57 08-05-98 -0400, JC wrote:

>I ... would further remark that CHIPSET support also
>defines the capacity to cache more than 64MB of RAM...
>As for the LX and BX chipsets of the P-II, I do not know.

The Pentium II (or Pentium Pro) chipset is superfluous as far
as this goes.

How much addressable memory can be cached is determined by the
TagRAM and this is onboard the Pentium II cartridge (on-chip
for the PPro), not part of the motherboard.

Remember, the TagRAM holds the memory addresses whereas the rest
of the L2 memory holds the data that's at those addresses. More
TagRAM, more addresses. Hence more RAM cachable.

Regards,
Bill