Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 15:43:20 -0400
First you make a Windows 95 Startup Disk.
You goto (I think) Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
Then Select the Tab Windows 95 Startup Disk. (You'll need your Win 95
Cd).

After you have made the Startup Disk keep it in your disk drive if you
already haven't taken it out.  You will now need to reboot your computer.

Type dir /p to see the files on the disk.

Confirm that format.com is on the disk.  Then to format drive C: type the
following:

        format C:
There is no need to re-fdisk everything.  The format shouldn't take very
long.

**** ***** READ THIS *******
Before rebooting check to make sure you can load your CD-ROM drive with
dos drivers!  You'll need these to access the CD-ROM while you are in
DOS.

If you have dos drivers that load up, look at the Start Up Disk that
Windows 95 Made.
edit the autoexec.bat file.  Look to see if the following file name
is mentioned on one of the command lines:  MSCDEX.EXE

Make a note of the files mentioned in the command line with MSCDEX.EXE
and check to see if they are on the boot disk.

Example of command line to look for in the Config.sys:
DEVICEhigh=C:\cdrom\MTMCDAI.SYS /D:MTMIDE01

Example of command line to look for in Autoexec.bat:
C:\windows\command\MSCDEX.EXE /D:MTMIDE01 /M:10 /E

*****************************

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998 13:22:13 -0500 Mike Bridges <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>I have 3 computers which all have WD Caviar hard drives
>running Windows95.They range in size from 1.2G -2.5G.The
>first one is full of files and all that were left behind or
>are no longer needed.I wish to format this drive and start
>with a fresh install of Windows95.
> The problem is how do I do this.I have read several upgrade
>books and they just don't seem to cover exactly how to do
>this.I've read and understand partitions,I've read about
>fdisk,I've read a whole lot of books but none tell me what I
>need to know.How do I format the C drive and reinstall
>Windows95.I have the OEM disks for the a version and the
>upgrade on CD.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Mike Bridges
>
>P.S.I built the last computer my self and was able to
>install the new hard drive with no problems so I do know how
>that goes.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]