Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Thomas Bubacz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 11:31:02 EDT
Edna,

"LBA" and using "EZ Drive" does not apply when adding the CD drive.   The
connector on the ESS 1869 is an IDE  connector for a CD drive, not a Hard
Drive, so that is good.  Don't forget that the CD Drive will need a power
source.  You don't mention you operating system, but if you don't have the CD
drivers, they are available at this web site
"http://www.esstech.com/Technical/drivers/downloadable/drivers/driver.htm#"
I don't know anything about the B 16.

< I would like to add a 4X IDE CD drive <snip> but it's bios doesn't have LBA.
 <snip> Would IDE overlay
< software work, i.e., EZ Drive?  I have a SB 16 sound card and an ESS 1869
<snip>
< They have what appears to be an IDE connector on them?  If so, would this
work for the CD?

Thomas Bubacz