From:
Rosalie Peipert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 21:06:43 -0500

Person was being tested for Lupus.

Mother has DH, celiac and had breast cancer.

One has Interstitial Cystitis & Fibromyalgia. Mother has Pernicious
Anemia.

One has Haskimoto's Disease-antibodies attach to the thyroid gland until
it is basically destroyed. Taking synthroid 25 yrs.

Person had classic symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis. Thanks to  Don Wiss &
Ron Hoggan, free of symptoms and on g/f diet.

Two people have thyroid disease.

Another person had an unconfirmed diagnosis of Sarcoidosis 7 years
before investigating CD. No lung biopsy because was asymptomatic.
Sarcoidosis is located on the same chromosome as CD.

3-Betahydroxylase Deficiency which created the CD. Rare adrenal
hyperplasia.

Another person reported having Chronic Fatigue Syndome, but questions if
it is an autoimmune disease.

Endometriosis disease in uterus.

Uterine cancer in fibroid with metastases to lungs  from a fibroid.

Graves Disease diagnosed 8 years before celiac disease.

Ulcerative Colitis gall bladder removed

If you are a male & have gall bladder disease or stones, you may also
have celiac disease.

Addison's Disease-adrenal insufficiency.

I would venture to say that out of a group of 2200, if this is all we
have among us, we have a pretty healthy membership. Some how I do not
really believe these statistics. I do not think people like to reveal
the fact that they have a serious illness to cope with besides Celiac
Disease.  Be well and Celebrate Life!

Rosalie in NJ