From:
Erika Pfleger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 21:33:14 -0500

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if those of you who particpate in sports have
experienced any celiac-related problems (i.e.,
need more iron, other vitamins, absorption problems, etc.)

About me:   I've been on a gluten-free diet for 2yrs. and finally feel
healthy and strong enough to start running again (after a 5yr. hiatus).
I've been running since early December and am logging about 25-30 miles a
week (with an ultimate--somewhat crazy--goal of running the NYC marathon
this coming Nov.) and so far I haven't experienced any problems but I want
to prepare myself and be aware of potential problems.
I would especially like to hear from women runners, but
I'd be very glad to hear from anyone who has any info, personal stories,
etc. that they can share on this subject in general.

Erika
in Connecticut