From:
Sue Newell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 1998 11:40:51 -0400

Clelia wrote
>Smarties candies, are like the M&M's.   If they are made by Nestle Canada,
>they are GF.

I checked off-line with Clelia to make sure we are talking about the same candy.

The box of Smarties in front of me includes Wheat Flour as an ingredient, so
they can no longer be considered GF. Perhaps Nestle's has made some changes
recently.

This was a good reminder to me to read every label every time; manufacturing
processes and ingredient list do change without notice.

Sue Newell
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada