Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 13:50:47 -0400

>I am adding my 2 cents to the Kraft Foods discussion.  When I was
>diagnosed in the fall of 1996 I called Kraft and was told quite abruptly
>that they did NOT have a GF list because they couldn't be sure of their
>suppliers and that a celiac should just not eat their products.  They
>were trying to avoid a lawsuit in case they were wrong

When I had my annoying problem with Kraft, they told me the
GF list had "just been published" ... my annoyance, however,
was that they have this recording that says "if you are having
an allergic reaction to one of our products, please call
our 24-hour medical emergency hotline"  ... which I did,
and after answering, oh, 5-minutes worth of shopping-habit
questions ... the chippie said "I'm sorry, I'm not *allowed*
to tell you the ingredients of any of our products"  ... I kept
getting that party line over and over again with Kraft,
which I think is horse hockey!  Every other food company
has folks read ingredients over the phone ... grrrrrr ...

So I was somewhat happy to get their list 4 WEEKS later,
but somewhat peeved that there was no faster way to
get an answer  ... sigh.

Tracey in Connecticut