Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 13 May 1998 16:00:38 -0400
From:
"Rogers, Joanne" <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,
I recently tried this recipe with GF ingredients (and our new spring
rhubarb), and was very pleased with the result. It is also very good
with blueberries instead of the rhubarb.

So I thought I'd share...hope you enjoy it!

RHUBARB COFFEE CAKE
1/2 cup margarine
1-1/2 cups white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 cups GF flour mix (e.g B.Hagman's)
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup milk
2 cups chopped rhubarb

Topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix margarine and sugar together; beat in egg and vanilla. Mix in dry
ingredients followed by milk, then finely chopped rhubarb. Pour into
greased pan then sprinkle mixed topping on top.Bake in 9x13 inch pan at
350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes. Half this recipe works well in an 8x8
inch pan.

Joanne in Ontario