From:
ROBERT MATHEWS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 18:16:14 -0500

Hello to all.  This is my first post.  Four years ago I was diagnosed
with adenocarcinoma of the duodenum.  A "whipple" surgery was performed.
(Very traumatic 5 hr. surgery)  Ten months after the surgery and wasting
away to 73 pounds I was diagnosed celiac.  Yes, the celiac was there at
the time of surgery.  My only symptoms just prior to the surgery were
anemia, constipation, tension headaches, and pain in my upper right
quadrant.  This was not lymphoma.  I am the first case of celiac in the
family.  Would like to hear from anyone with this type of situation.  I
also have a thyroid disorder from childhood.  Many times it feels like
there is a burning in my skin and I am having a reaction in my scalp.

Elaine/Ohio