Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 16:38:52 EST

My 4 1/2 year old son has been gf for 2 years now. So far, the only follow up
activity we have done is two bloodtests to see if the celiac antibodies are in
the normal range (which, as of a year ago, were not normal yet although
substanially lower than when first diagnosed) and also a repeat biopsy done 1
year after diagnosis. My question is what should I be doing? How often does
one get bloodwork done? just until normal levels are attained? or more often
to see if you are accidently ingesting any gluten? what about additional
things to test, such as vitamin/mineral levels or what? I have an appointment
this Friday and would like to be able to request/suggest any tests for things
that, as a celiac, he should be monitored for. Thanks in advance.

Michele Kratzmeier     (301) 640-3079         861/4B40