From:
Theresa diPierno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:20:42 PST

Today I got some results back from my allergist who had done an initial
screening on me for an allergic reaction to wheat and a few other foods.
Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure what type of test he made (it was a
blood test).  He told me the results were negative (on all counts) and
also told me that my body's general response to allergens was quite low.
Is this related to the IgA (or is it IgG?) deficiency that has been
discussed on the list recently?  Does this mean there is still a
possibility that I may actually be allergic to wheat/gluten or have
celiac sprue and never test positive?

I will be seeing a GI doctor later this month...I'll be sure to discuss
these results with him, but does anyone have a suggestion about which
test are the ones I should ask for specifically?