From:
judy beck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 13:28:27 +0000

Hi all. Last night, I made Bette Hagman's French bread recipe for the
third time. I really like the flavor, and the crust is great. But the
inside is consistently gummy.  I've tried dividing the recipe into two
baguette-size loaves, which helped a little, but not much. I bought the
special French bread pans, and follow the recipe exactly. But the inside
is still gluey. Has anyone ever made this bread so that the inside is as
good as the outside? What did you do? TIA, Judy Beck