From:
Joan Yakscoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 14:31:10 -0400

Thank you to all who responed to my question.
One response from a teacher  thought that if a note from a doctor with
verification of special diatary needs were provided then it might be
legal to expect the cafeteria to provide special meals.

One parent wrote that her son was attending St. Lawrence University in
Canton,N.Y. and was treated with a great deal of care.  He was allowed to
meet with the dietician and another celiac student.  They ordered gf food
and the school also found special suites for each student that had
kitchens.  Good job St. Lawrence University!

Another individual wrote that he had heard that you could be discharged
from the army if you were diagnosed with a condition that required a
special diet.

For all of the college students who indicate that they are having
problems... I suggest that you contact your Dean of Student Services and
provide appropriate documentation in order to make life easier.
  Most deans are very student oriented and usually try their
best to help.
Good luck all.