From:
Jennifer Lasher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 1998 21:14:16 +0000

Hi all,

I'm so confused.  Wondering if there's any chance that under stress,
with mercury toxicity after years of not taking care of the body as well
as one should, could the body develop a gluten intolerance that will go
away when the system is detoxified and rested and spiritually fed? I
have taken on huge amounts of stress (was the "fixer" in my family, I'm
getting over it!) for years and am wondering if that and the mercury
burden and the fact that I ate saltines every night for 7 years to have
something in my stomach for my medication could be enough to cause this
problem with the glutens.

My oriental medicine doctor told me that I was born with weak organs and
after I support them for a few years with the right herbs they can
handle anything.  But I know that sometimes oriental medicine is
simplistic and doesn't take into consideration diseases that don't
appear in Asians.

Also my friend who has the diagnosis is concerned about a pea-sized lump
that is always present under her chin.  Today, after eating a Tootsie
Roll it started to hurt.  Not bad, but it concerns her.  I has hurt for
a few hours here and there before.

Oh, I am also wondering what kind of rash people get with DH.  Mine
starts with a tiny blister (sometimes) and looks like fingernail
scratches.  Straight lines most of the time.  Sometimes several inches
long. Mostly parallel but sometimes criss-crossed. Could this be DH?  I
saw some pictures on the net and it only kind of looks like that.  Not
nearly as bad as those pictures.  Usually breakouts are about two square
inches and they last about 15 minutes then disappear. They flare up
almost immediately after ingesting gluten.

Any input would be greatly appreciated,

Jennifer in San Diego