From:
Michael Chan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 23:29:12 +0800
On Tue, 17 Feb 1998 22:53:44 -0800, Frank B Smith
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I am assembling a new system.  Everything was going together ok.  Then the video
>output to the monitor was lost... i.e. the monitor did not respond... even on
>boot up.   I fiddled with it and took the card out and put it back... it
>worked... then I installed the sound card.. and the video blacked out again..
>any ideas?  where to look and what to look for?

In some bad PC cases or bad motherboard installation, the device
cards(mostly the PCI's) cannot be plugged secure into the slots. Once
you push it back into the slot, the problem will disappeared. Therefore,
make sure the board has enough support from the bottom, particular the
middle area of it.

 Michael