From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 10:09:03 -0800
On 19 Feb 98 at 12:58, Winston Pike wrote:

> My vesa IDE controller is set for master/slave on the primary
> address and my CD is on the soundcard IDE set as master on
> secondary. The sound card is software I/O programable for I think 4
> or 5 different addresses. Does this mean that I could plug in
> another IDE card set to secondary and use the sound card at a
> tertiary address?

  The short answer is yes.  The longer answer is that it will also
need its own IRQ:  the primary and secondary will take 15 and 14, and
13 is already resrved for the FPU....  So your tertiary needs to
allow you to set its IRQ to one you have available, and you'll
probably have to handle driver installation and resource allocation
"by hand".

David G