From:
Don Purser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 20:01:01 -0500
Kevin said:

>My problem is that when I try to connect my Modem ,I am informed that it
>
>is in use by another program or user and I do not have any other
>programs running
>My Modem is a  PnP US Robotics Sportster Winmodem Voice 56K using Com
>Port 3 Model 1680 [no jumper settings on board]
>After rebooting on a number of tries it  will connect
>Can any one help please

Kevin,

It is probably sharing an IRQ with another device.  Click Start - Settings -
Control Panel.  Then double click the System icon.  Click on the Device
Manager tab and view the Properties of every device. Make a note of the IRQ
used by each one and make sure the modem is not using the same one.  You
should also go onto US Robotics web site when you get connected and look for
any tips they may have about uninstalling and reinstalling the modem
drivers.  That modem (Winmodem) is a little different because it depends on
your processor for some of its intelligence.

Good luck,

Don Purser
WORWAC 70-37
Red-17 Loach driver
C/7/17 Air Cavalry 1971
Heavens Calvary 1972 and STILL one of God's lunatics.
One war down, one still in progress...
On a mission from GOD.