NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jul 1998 19:08:03 -0700
On Wed, 15 Jul 1998 16:23:28 -0500 Juliann Seebauer <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> I am very suspicious that my around- the-clock, around-
>the -calendar stuffy nose was due to dairy.  I thought it might be molds
at

That's funny, I was suspicious of molds this spring too.  It cropped up
after I started eating dairy again, but before the GI symptoms got really
bad.  I was even retested for molds which came up very slightly and
delayed in the skin test.  More recently, I noticed that nights I
suffered with my tummy, I also woke up more stuffed than usual.  I've
also noticed some extra joint pains, but that could be coincidence too.

> He keeps saying he'll remind the kids all that I
>sacrificed while nursing. Now I may have to go for the duration.

Yup, same here.  Right now I'm going through the same
denial/anger/depression that I went through when we figured out Alyssa's
allergies.  Unfortunately, this time we don't have the hope held out that
I'll outgrow it :-)  I went grocery shopping today and was nearly in
tears by the time I was finished because of all the problems I was having
finding things to eat (this particular store is not the greatest).
Before it was always temporary (at least for me) and I just sort of got
by telling myself that.  I've found plenty of things for my daughter to
eat - but most are either pretty bland or high in fat.  We're not totally
back to square one, but I'm still having trouble coming to terms with the
whole thing.

Kathy P.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]