NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Larissa Blechman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 09:36:20 -0500
Hi, I absolutely believe that there is a link between allergies and
addiction to foods.  I have multiple food intolerance/allergies and know
that i get addicted to foods, then crave them and finally have to break
the cycle. This is why you frequently get worse when you go off of a
food that you are allergic/sensitive to because your body truly is
craving that food.    I stay on a rotation diet now to keep from getting
hooked on other things.  There are folks who believe that alcoholism is
a type of food allergy in that you are addicted to or crave the alcohol
(from grain or the yeast) and i can vouch for that as well.

A book that mentions food addiction and allergies is Childhood Illness
and the Allergy Connection: A Nutritional Approach to Overcoming and
Preventing Childhood Illness by Zoltan P. Rona, M.D..  There is also a
web site by this doctor, a holistic MD in Canada .  The URL is
http://www.wwonline.com/rona/zpr.  I have not checked this out but it is
mentioned inthe book.  This author also has books about adults, one
titled The Joy of Health.  I think that the Atkins Diet books also
discuss this topic, particularily in relation to sugar and I have found
them to be very helpful as well. Hope this helps.

Larissa Blechman