VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
dan dunfee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 09:06:43 -0500
hello,

i enjoyed and implimented jim homme's mailcap idea as soon as i read it,
works great, thanks jim!   i'm always looking for ways to make pine and
lynx work more effectivly.   to that end i have two ideas:

1. in pine there is the "y" print command.   this allows a message to be
printed directly to one's printer while on line.   as a variation, load a
print redirection utility and print the message to a file on your hard
drive.  i use prn2file which is free and widely available.

2. i have been exploring lynx to make use of it's many configurations.
while too many to detail here, some of the more useful ones are being able
to download files and pages directly to one's hard drive without the
extra step of saving to the shell directory and then downloading.   mark
senk has suggested that if there is enough interest, we could do a mini
mailing list to go into detail if there is enough interest.   those who
would be interested, drop me a line so we can gauge interest.

regards,

dan