VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Mark J. Senk trfn_volunteer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 06:16:32 -0400
We can't get this show in Pittsburgh, except via the realaudio transcript.

From: Greg Smith <[log in to unmask]>

Sunday, August 31st, 7-9 PM Eastern Time
A look at Vocational Rehabilitation
Call in during the show: 1-888-760-7655

Working.  What we do for living in many ways defines who we are as
individuals.  Getting people with disabilities into the workforce are
what Fred Schroeder and Elmer Bartells do for living.

Dr. Fred Schroeder is the commissioner of the Rehabilitation Services
Administration (RSA), a $2.4 billion dollar federal program that
annually provides services to more than one million people with
disabilities.  Dr. Schroeder, who is blind, joins us this week on On A
Roll Radio to discuss vocational rehabilitation with you. This is your
opportunity to give input to the man who develops standards, criteria,
guidelines, and policies for RSA.  We'll also be joined by Elmer
Bartells, who for 20 years has been Commissioner of the Massachusetts
Rehabilitation Commission.  Mr. Bartells is a quadriplegic. On A Roll
Radio listeners in Boston, Worcester, and Springfield MA are
particularly encouraged to call in with questions or comments.

What have been your experiences with VR?  Call in at 1-888-760-7655.
Selections from e-mail to [log in to unmask] will be read on the
air.  Every caller gets a free 6-month subscription to New Mobility.

On A Roll is sponsored by
New Mobility magazine:  http://www.newmobility.com
Action Storm Series Power Chairs http://www.invacare.com
the doorman by Parisi: http://www.blvd.com/parisi/index.html